Our intention is that when children leave At Brooke Primary Academy, we want our children to develop the knowledge, understanding and emotions to become healthy, independent and responsible members of society and be ready to become global citizens.
We want our children to have high aspirations, belief in themselves and the realisation that anything is possible if they put their mind to it.
We want our pupils to:
- Develop a confidence in sharing their own thoughts and opinions with others
- Develop skills and attributes to keep themselves healthy and safe
- Develop an attitude of a responsible global citizen
- To show tolerance of others beliefs, religions and life choices
- To build positive, respectful relationships with other people
How do we deliver PSHE at Brooke Primary Academy?
- All pupils have a weekly PSHE lesson.
- Schools uses the Jigsaw PHSE scheme from Nursery to Year 6 so that all pupils cover the same themes throughout the year thus ensuring continuity and progression that builds upon existing skills. The themes covered are:
Autumn 1: Being Me in my World Autumn 2: Celebrating Difference
Spring 1: Dreams and Goals Spring 2: Healthy Me
Summer 1: Relationships Summer 2: Changing Me
- Visitors such as emergency services and the school nurse complement our PSHE curriculum to offer additional learning.
- Assemblies are planned to cover any additional sessions that would benefit the whole school.
- To provide a clear and comprehensive PSHE scheme which is in line with the National Curriculum. The scheme of work covers areas such as:
Relationships (including bullying)
Safety (including e-safety)
Healthy eating and exercise
British values and citizenship
When children leave Brooke we want them to:
- Be happy, healthy and responsible members of society
- Demonstrate a healthy outlook towards school life
- Demonstrate and apply British values
- Have the foundations for their journey in life and work in modern Britain