At Brooke Primary Academy it is our intent to deliver high quality opportunities that promote the children’s physical development, emotional development, and good health through a variety of activities before, during and after the school day. It also our intent to provide a broad range of engaging activities that inspire the children to strive to improve their skills, increase their fitness, pursue their interests and achieve their personal best.
- All children participate in high quality PE lessons once a week covering two different sports per term.
- Teacher’s use and adapt IPEP to ensure lessons across years show progression.
- The children take part in end of unit celebration activities linked to the IPEP units such as Football and Basketball year group tournaments, whole school Dance Festivals and Sports Day.
- Teacher’s assess children against the learning targets set within IPEP.
- All Key Stage 1 and 2 children can participate in 15-minute daily class movement sessions.
- Teacher’s use ‘Super Movers’ and other movement-based learning activities within many different lessons.
- Children attend swimming lessons in Year 5.
- Physical activities are available to children at breakfast and after-school club.
- All Key Stage 1 and 2 children can participate in sports related lunchtime and after school clubs including: football, dance and gymnastics.
- The school celebrates Healthy Living Week annually and children engage in workshops, activities and sports.
- The children are invited to attend competitive sporting events within the Local Area, such as the EFL Kids Cup which took place at Doncaster Rovers Stadium.
- Each year a group of Year 6 children become Playground Leaders. They act as sporting role models for the younger children assisting with lunchtime activities, other sporting activities and our annual Sports day.
Our curriculum is designed, using the iPEP scheme, to ensure that children meet national curriculum objectives. More importantly, we aim to motivate our pupils to participate in a variety of sporting activities through high quality, engaging and fun lessons. Through lessons, clubs and participation in competitions our children learn to take responsibility for their own health and fitness and are hopefully inspired to engage in competitive sports outside of school. Our ultimate goal is to provide them with a starting point form which they can go on to lead happy healthy lives.