Attendance at school is vital for children’s education and wellbeing. Parents and carers have a responsibility to ensure that their children receive full time education.
It is important to set the foundations for good attendance from when a child starts at our school. Regardless of their age, we have high expectations for attendance.
Children below statutory school age should attend the hours/days they have registered for. This helps them to develop a routine, form friendships and progress in their learning, ready for full time education in reception.
The Attendance Challenge
Each week during our Thursday Celebration Assembly we announce the winners of our attendance Challenge.
Classes compete in their ‘phase’ (EYFS / KS1 / LKS2 / UKS2) to win the weekly prize. Details of the prizes and winning classes can be found in the table below:
Attendance Mascots and the Trim Trail
• The overall winning class in EYFS/KS1 wins ‘Alien’ the attendance mascot and can use the trim trail at lunch time.
• The overall winning class in KS2 wins ‘Buzz’ the attendance mascot and can use the trim trail at lunch time.
• The class with the highest attendance across the school has its song played at the end of celebration assembly.
100% Attendance (weekly)
• Children with 100% attendance during the week are selected at random to win Doncaster Rovers football match tickets.
100% Attendance (Termly)
• Children with 100% attendance during the term are awarded with a bronze, silver or gold certificate.
100% Attendance (Yearly)
• Children with 100% attendance during year are awarded with an end of term celebration event or gift.